books, comic, editing, funny, gif post, humor, humour, stages of editing, stories, woes of a writer, writing
So…Eliabeth and I have just about finished our first draft of the second Blind Sight. After the draft comes the editing. The dreaded editing. Sometimes I get energised to edit and other times I really don’t want to do it. It’s a love/hate relationship for me.
Here are the exaggerated stages of me editing in GIF form that hopefully other writers (from fiction to even essays) can hopefully empathise with. For your entertainment!
1. “I don’t want to do it….why me??? Why can’t I write a masterpiece in the first go?”
2. I finally accept my fate and put my super-editing face on. I’m going to own this!3. I realise the amount of work I have to do.
4. When I find a scene I’m so proud of. “I can write!”
5. When I find a scene I’m ashamed of. “Did I write that piece of crap?
6. There’s too much to fix! Continue reading