Picture it & Write is a weekly creative writing prompt hosted on ErmiliaBlog. All profits go to The Girl Effect, a movement “leveraging the unique potential of adolescent girls to end poverty for themselves, their families, their communities, their countries and the world.”
Volume 1 is a compilation of contributions from prompts posted in 2011 and 2012. This volume highlights the work of 23 contributors including published authors, bloggers, and poets.
When Ermisenda started Picture it & Write, we had no idea it would be this popular. As a thank you to everyone who participates, but especially our regulars, we wanted to create a publication that supports a good cause and hopefully helps you in your writing careers. Thank you also to Kris, who donated her time editing all of the chosen submissions.
- Alvarez, Ermisenda: Author of Blind Sight Through the Eyes of Leocardo Reyes, blogger at Ermilia
- Brindle, Kyllan: blogger at The Green Fox Press
- Burson, Deana: blogger at My Thoughts on the Subject are as Follows
- Coulthard, Melanie: blogger at The Poet’s Hide
- Fogli, Nanda: blogger at Cenicitas
- Gemini: blogger at Gemini
- Hawthorne, Eliabeth: Author of Blind Sight Through the Eyes of Aniela Dawson, blogger at Ermilia
- JoeTwo: blogger at Joe2Poetry
- Judy, D.: blogger at An Evil Nymph’s Blog
- Lee-Anne: blogger at Oresh Memoirs
- Lyon, Marisa: blogger at Marisa D. Lyon
- Neal, AR: blogger at One Starving Activist
- Nymus, Anna: blogger at Discoveries in a Letterbox
- Phoenix, Airicka: Author of Touching Eternity, blogger at Airicka Phoenix
- Russell, Amber “Serene”: Role player at Dae Luin
- S., Devina: blogger at Hot Chocolate and Books
- Schilde, Anne: Author of The Price of a Flower, blogger at Anne Schilde
- Smith, Tanitha: blogger at The Mind of Tanitha
- Tacken, Jenny: blogger at Ramblings from a Mum
- Unnamed blogger at Korea, Love and Longing
- Warren, Samantha: Author of Vampire Assassin, blogger at Samantha Warren – Author
- Zshamaine, Karyl: blogger at The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
Janni Styles said:
Very nice work everyone, love collaborative projects like this. Yay to all of you! ❤ ❤ ❤
I’m not sure where to ask this question, but when responding to the prompt would you like only part of the writing posted and then a link to the rest of it or do you not mind if the whole piece is in a comment under the original picture promt?
Heya. Thanks for showing your enthusiasm. Unfortunately, the publication has already been done. It was done quite a few months ago. It can be bought here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBO6URM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00KBO6URM&linkCode=as2&tag=ermilia-20&linkId=H5ZPV5S2YQQCHZYO . Although, we do plan to do more publications in the future. But we don’t have the time right now to dedicate to the project.
Oh, I was referring to the online postings you do every Sunday. This week’s was a picture of books and I just wasn’t sure if I should be posting my entire response in the comment field or just a link to my response on my own page. I’m fine with whatever you prefer 🙂
Ah, my bad. It’s up to you. Either way works for us. 🙂